Sunday, June 13, 2010

Owning is a house is a lot of work. I have always known this, but it is particularly difficult doing it all by myself. While I have bargained for this house, and all of the maintenance, cleaning, fixing, and yard work associated with it, it is like having a part time job. I would hire some of the work out, but as some of you know, I have difficulty hiring much help around here.

I have purchased a new computer, and a new bed too. Both seem to be frivolous to me, but the truth is that I need both of these things. The computer because my old one has a "t" key about ready to go out on it, is running Windows XP (which is not that big of an impediment as it turns out), has no web camera, and would need a number of other various upgrades. It is nice that I was able to finance it over 9 months.

The bed is an experiment in better health. I enjoy reading in bed, but I have difficulty doing in a bed without a headboard. Further, it seems that I have outgrown a twin bed, as there is almost no way I can turn such that my arms aren't dangling over the side. I also thought that a new mattress might give me a better night's sleep which might give me more energy to make it through the day. We will see.

The sky here has been overcast since Friday, which is why the roofing folks could not come out. More precisely, they could not come out because it takes 24 hours for the roofing material to set, and it was due to rain the next day. Whatever the case, I need to get this place fixed.

I'm now working on a law review article that is in the research phase. I am looking forward to getting to the outlining and writing phase by the end of the month. After being out of school for four years, I am finally feeling confident enough to start the writing process, which is as challenging, and more exciting than I remember it.

I am looking forward to traveling to Chicago to present at a conference about jurisdictional issues in Indian Country. Since flying is such a hassle and unduly expensive, I will be traveling by auto, which should give me some time to get out on the open road.

I need to straighten my house out a bit, so I'm going to try to do that. Try.

No comments:

Post a Comment